A few days ago, my talk got posted for ciconf in London. This year, I’ll be talking about the state of testing in CodeIgniter.
As the blurb says, we all know we should be testing our applications and libraries, but its not very straightforward to get things set up. Also, sometimes CI can put in you in an awkward place where unit testing seems just downright nasty.
Things I hope to cover:
- Getting things set up
- An overview and comparison of PHPUnit
- Library and Helper Testing
- Model Testing
- Handling external requests in Tests
- Controller Testing
- View Testing
- Unit vs integration tests
- Some tools to measure effectiveness
It should be a good talk, with some great discussion — so if you’re going to the conference be sure to stop by!